We Can Help
You might also find your answer in the LastPass Enterprise Manual.
How do I manage or restrict user access to a Shared Folder?
- Log into LastPass
- Click Manage Shared Folders
- Click on 'Edit' for the desired folder.
Check the appropriate boxes for the user or User Group:
- ‘Read-only’ prohibits the user from adding and/or editing credentials.
- ‘Hide Passwords’ prohibits the user from seeing the credentials.
- ‘Notify User Via Email’ will send the user a notification regarding their assignment to the shared folder.
- ‘Can Administer’ will grant the user equal admin rights over the shared folder including: adding and removing users and restricting access to individual sites in the folder.
Enterprise and Premium users have slightly different settings. For example, Premium Shared Folders can only have one admin, the creator. You can read more about Premium Shared Folders here.
Once the user is added, you can restrict users to only have access to certain sites within the Shared Folder using our Restrict feature:
- Go to Manage Shared Folders and click 'Edit' for the desired Folder
- Click on the Tools Icon next to the appropriate user or User Group
- Choose 'Restrict'
- At the bottom, toggle 'Rather than choosing hidden sites, assign only allowed sites. All new sites will be hidden in this mode' to select your desired mode
- Move desired sites from the left list to the right.
**Subfolders cannot have separate permissions than the parent folders