I forgot my Master Password, how do I recover access to my account?
1. LastPass is never sent your master password, so we can't send it to you or reset it for you.
2. If you can intermittently login: type your master password in a text document and copy/paste to ensure there are no typos.
3. If you still receive an "invalid password" error, try your password hint that you set up when you created your account. This is a reminder hint NOT your master password.
4. If the hint doesn't help, go to the account recovery page to active your local One Time Password. This allows you to change your master password if you've logged into LastPass previously on that computer, and is the only way to 'reset your password'. You should try this on all browsers and on all computers where you've used the LastPass plugin to access your account until you recover your account..
5. If you recently updated your master password, you can go through the steps to revert that change to your previous master password. Please note, we do NOT recommend using the "restore" option unless you have confirmed with the LastPass support team that this is the best course of action.
6. If you still can't recover your password, your only recourse is to now delete your account and start over.
7. Deleting permanently removes your data, but your Premium status will be transferred if you use the same email.
Still Having Trouble?