I keep receiving a red error message: "An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check your internet connection." How do I resolve this issue?
1. You might be a version behind, causing an upgrade error. Try reinstalling: https://lastpass.com/dl and login again.
2. Do you see the error when you open your browser? You may be clearing cookies. We need cookies to maintain and recognize your LastPass browsing session. Try the steps at https://lastpass.com/debug.php to check.
3. If you are running Firefox 4 or above, the browser disables 3rd party cookies by default. Please go to your Firefox Tools menu > Options > Privacy to enable 3rd party cookies for LastPass.com.
4. Verify that your system clock is correct.
5. Are you behind a proxy or a firewall? If so, you may need to configure permissions for LastPass.
6. If you still see the error, submit a support ticket confirming that you've tried the above steps.
Still Having Trouble?