How does the YubiKey compare to LastPass Sesame?
1. Both provide multifactor authentication - this means that after entering your LastPass master password, either of these options requires a second set of data to be entered in order for you to access your LastPass account.
2. Although both are part of the Premium upgrade, LastPass Sesame is free and can be placed on one of your existing USB thumb drives while a YubiKey costs $25.
3. LastPass Sesame can be configured to automatically show the LastPass login dialog when your USB drive is inserted.
4. A YubiKey can be used with other non-LastPass related services.
5. With YubiKey, your offline password is sent via keystrokes on every login. With Sesame, your offline password is not used if you are connected to the Internet.
6. A YubiKey is a read-only device that can not be easily copied whereas the Sesame OTP generation credentials can be copied by copying the contents of a USB thumb drive on which Sesame has been installed.