Add to Chrome.
Click 'Add extension' above.
The installation process takes less than minute.
Next, you'll Create an Account.
How can I get LastPass to auto logout when I close my browser, when I am idle, or when the computer turns off?
If you are logged into the LastPass website and you don't have the plug-in installed, your session is over when you close the browser. If you have the plugin installed, by default LastPass keeps you logged in to the browser plugin for two weeks. If you want LastPass to logout instead of remain logged in, enable these settings:
- Automatically logoff when browsers are closed*: go to your LastPass Icon > Preferences > General and check the box for 'Automatically Logoff when all browsers are closed'.
- Automatically logoff when the computer turns off: go to your LastPass Icon > Preferences > General and check the box for 'Automatically Logoff when all browsers are closed' > set the time to 0 minutes.
- Automatically logoff after the computer has been idle*: go to your LastPass Icon > Preferences > General and check the box for 'Automatically logoff after idle'.
- Automatically logoff online: Change the time limits in your online account settings, under your LastPass Icon > My LastPass Vault > Account Settings link > General tab > Website auto-logoff timeout.
*This setting must be enabled individually for each browser plugin, in every browser where you have LastPass installed.
If LastPass doesn't seem to be respecting the autologoff settings:
- Check your cookie settings. Cookies must be enabled for LastPass in order for your browser to remember your preferences.
- In Chrome, make sure that Chrome is completely exiting the browser. Please see how to check and enable this here.
- If Automatically logoff when idle seems to be failing, please follow the advice here.
- If you use LastPass for Applications and 'Share login state between browsers' is enabled, your browsers will automatically share the login state with LastPass for Applications. Either, disable 'Share login state between browsers' or enable automatic logoff in LastPass for Applications. By default, LastPass for Applications starts when your computer starts and will maintain its login state from the last session. To disable this default behavior, go to LastPass for Application's Preferences, to enable automatic logoff.