Add to Chrome.
Click 'Add extension' above.
The installation process takes less than minute.
Next, you'll Create an Account.
Does LastPass work with basic authentication sites?
|Windows||Fill + Save||Fill + Save||Fill + Save||No Fill + No Save|
|OS X||Fill + No Save||Fill + Save||No Fill + No Save|
|Linux||No Fill + No Save**||Fill + Save||No Fill + No Save***||No Fill + No Save***|
- You must be running the binary component: LastPass Icon > More Options > About LastPass should show - Binary Component: True
- If you are encountering issues within a browser other than Firefox, you may attempt to save the Site entry using LastPass for Firefox, which offers the best basic authentication support. After that, you may then attempt to use that Site entry within the other browser.
- **Linux/Chrome can only fill behind the scenes when launching directly from the Vault
- ***Requires Wine or equivalent to run browser on this platform
- Opera 15+ will show the same behaviors as Chrome. Earlier Opera versions do not fill or save.
- Basic authentication for Mac OS X requires that you enable access for assistive devices (make sure you 'unlock' the lock to make changes in your Mac preferences):
- In OS X 10.7 or less by going to Apple > System Preferences > Universal Access and checking "Enable access for assistive devices".
- In OS X 10.8 by going to Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility > and check "Enable access for assistive devices"
- In OS X 10.9 + by going to Apple > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy Tab > Accessibility and making sure any of the following that appear are checked under "Allow the apps below to control your computer":
- Google Chrome
- Google Chrome Canary
- You may also need to manually add the file /Library/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/nplastpass.app/Contents/MacOS/nplastpass to the assistive devices list.
- For the related Site, ensure that the check-boxes for both "Autologin" and "Disable AutoFill" are ticked.