We Can Help
Does LastPass work with basic authentication sites?
|Windows||Fill + Save||Fill + Save||Fill + Save||No Fill + No Save|
|OS X||Fill + No Save||Fill + Save||No Fill + No Save|
|Linux||No Fill + No Save**||Fill + Save||No Fill + No Save***||No Fill + No Save***|
- You must be running the binary component: LastPass Icon > Tools > About - Binary Component: True
- Saving in Firefox offers the best basic authentication support
- **Linux/Chrome can only fill behind the scenes when launching directly from the Vault
- ***Requires Wine or equivalent to run browser on this platform
- Opera 15+ will show the same behaviors as Chrome. Earlier Opera versions do not fill or save.
- Basic authentication for Mac OS X requires that you enable access for assistive devices (make sure you 'unlock' the lock to make changes in your Mac preferences):
- In OS X 10.7 or less by going to Apple > System Preferences > Universal Access and checking "Enable access for assistive devices".
- In OS X 10.8 by going to Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility > and check "Enable access for assistive devices"
In OS X 10.9 + by going to Apple > System Preferences > Security & Privacy and making sure any of the following that appear are checked under "Allow the apps below to control your computer":
- Google Chrome
- Google Chrome Canary
Still Having Trouble?
Look for answers in our vibrant customer-to-customer community help forums.
View your account information and view the status of previously submitted support tickets.
Submit a support ticket and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!