We Can Help
I keep receiving an error message: 'An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check your internet connection.' How do I resolve this issue?
- You might be a version behind, causing an upgrade error. Try reinstalling: https://lastpass.com/dl and log in again.
- Do you see the error when you open your browser and attempt to login? Your browser may be clearing cookies. Please follow the steps here https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=7006 to enable cookies within the browser.
- If you are running Firefox 4 or above, the browser disables 3rd party cookies by default. Please go to your Firefox Tools menu > Options > Privacy to enable 3rd party cookies for LastPass.com.
- Another extension may be clearing cookies. Try disabling them and restarting the browser. If the issue no longer persists, reenable your extensions one by one to find the culprit.
- Verify that your system clock is correct.
- Are you behind a proxy or a firewall? If so, you may need to configure permissions for LastPass.
- Try clearing the LastPass cache (LastPass Icon > Tools > Advanced Tools > Clear Local Cache).
- If you still see the error, submit a support ticket confirming that you've tried the above steps.
Still Having Trouble?
Look for answers in our vibrant customer-to-customer community help forums.
View your account information and view the status of previously submitted support tickets.
Submit a support ticket and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!