We Can Help
How do I install the binary component in Chrome version 32+ with the new Chrome permissions restrictions?
Due to Chrome's new permissions settings, binary installation must go through the Chrome store and can no longer be added via our downloads page with Chrome version 32+.
To install, please follow the following steps:
- Uninstall LastPass from Chrome if it is still installed. (Google Chrome extension, go to Google Chrome -> Menu (3 bars) -> Tools -> Extensions and click the Trash can symbol next to LastPass.)
- Visit https://lastpass.com/dl/inline/ to install LastPass.
- After installation, login to your LastPass account
If you are not prompted to enable native messaging immediately ("Communicate with cooperative native applications" - select "Allow)
- then go to LP Icon > Tools > About, and click on enable native messaging next to the Binary component details.
- You will then be prompted to restart your browser to finish enabling native messaging and will ask if you would like to install the binary version. Click 'OK'.
- The binary installer will automatically download in Chrome - then run the installer and follow the steps to install LastPass into Chrome (and all other browsers you wish)
- Now when you check your binary component, it will state 'True'
**Binary cannot be installed on Chrome OS.
Still Having Trouble?
Look for answers in our vibrant customer-to-customer community help forums.
View your account information and view the status of previously submitted support tickets.
Submit a support ticket and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!