Can I use more than one form of Multifactor Authentication at the same time?
If multiple Authentication methods are used, only one will activate at a time. If you disable one, then another will activate. Because only one activates at a time, you cannot have 3+ factor authentication, it will always be 2 factor.
If you have a default multifactor set, it will prompt for that one first. After that, the order in which multifactor authenticators activate is the following:
Non-Mobile Devices (desktops & laptops) :
3. Duo Security/Toopher/Transakt**
4. Google Authenticator/Microsoft Authenticator
Mobile Devices (phones & tablets):
1. Duo Security/Toopher/Transakt**
2. Google Authenticator/Microsoft Authenticator
**Only one of these can be enabled at a time.
- If a particular device does not support a type of Multifactor, it will skip the option. For example, Yubikey will never be asked on the iOS.
- Fingerprint Authentication replaces your Master Password for that specific local machine and can be used in conjunction with all other Multifactor Authentication options.
For a list of all of the Multifactor Authentication options we support and how to enable them, visit https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/security-options/multifactor-authentication-options/