Add to Chrome.
Click 'Add extension' above.
The installation process should take less than a minute.
Next, you'll Create an Account.
Can I use more than one form of Multifactor Authentication at the same time?
If multiple Authentication methods are used, only one will activate per login attempt. If you disable one, then another will activate on the next log in attempt. Because only one activates at a time, you cannot have multiple prompts during the same log in.
If you have a default multifactor set, it will prompt for that one first. After the first one is disabled, it will prompt based on the order in which multifactor authenticators activate:
Non-Mobile Devices (desktops & laptops) :
3. LastPass Authenticator/Duo Security/Toopher/Transakt**
4. Google Authenticator/Microsoft Authenticator
Mobile Devices (phones & tablets):
1. LastPass Authenticator/Duo Security/Toopher/Transakt**
2. Google Authenticator/Microsoft Authenticator
**Only one of these can be enabled at a time.
- If a particular device does not support a type of Multifactor, it will skip the option. For example, Yubikey will never be asked on the iOS.
- Fingerprint Authentication replaces your Master Password for that specific local machine and can be used in conjunction with all other Multifactor Authentication options.
- Enabling more than 1 multifactor is not a "layered" protection, and does not increase your protection.
For a list of all of the Multifactor Authentication options we support and how to enable them, visit https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/security-options/multifactor-authentication-options/