Add to Chrome.
Click 'Add extension' above.
The installation process takes less than minute.
Next, you'll Create an Account.
Why do I see 'LastPass could not write to your hard drive' or the error 'BIN_IE_EXTRACT'?
You have likely changed the location of your temporary file directory or have set it as read-only.
Please take the steps below to resolve:
- Make sure that you have fully exited all browsers and fully exiting IE
- Make sure no LastPass process is running in Task Manager
- Start a Run command: go to Start menu > Programs > Accessories > Run
- In the Run command that appears, please type: %temp%
- This will show you where your temporary folder is located in the top bar. ex: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp
- Note the path and folder here to use in a later step
- Open a Command prompt: Run command. Type: cmd
- In the command window (black terminal window), type: attrib -r +s drive:\<path>\<foldername> Replacing 'drive:\<path>\<foldername>' with the path that you retrieved from the instructions above (should end with \AppData\Local\Temp)
- This should then remove read-only status from your temporary folder and the message should disappear
Here are the instructions for removing read-only status for a directory from Microsoft's support page (can also be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549/en-us):