What does binary support for extensions mean?
The 'binary' component of the browser plugin controls a few LastPass features:
1. Autologoff on browser close (LastPass Icon > Preferences)
2. Autologoff on browser idle (LastPass Icon > Preferences)
3. Share login state between browsers (LastPass Icon > Preferences > Advanced)
4. Allows fingerprint authentication: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/security-options/multifactor-authentication-options/fingerprint/
5. Allows attachments to Secure Notes: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/features/secure-notes/
6. Copy Username / Copy Password buttons for Online LastPass Vault - https://lastpass.com/?ac=1
7. Copy Password button enable for secure Password Generator
8. Allows exporting data to an encrypted file or an option to save if exporting to a CSV file (without the binary component when trying to export to a CSV file, you will see a .html page that you could print out in CSV format)
9. An added layer of protection with additional encryption at the OS level
For further information, please see https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/downloading-and-installing/#h5
To check whether or not you have LastPass Binary Component installed on a browser, click here.